Thai Crab Salad
Courtesy of Naomi Ansbergs
- 1 – 1.5 pounds Dungeness Crabmeat
- ½ cup coconut milk (we prefer Thai Kitchen brand for its creamy, even texture)
- Juice of 1 – 2 Limes (or 3 Tbs of lime juice)
- ½ tsp Handley Seasoning Blend
- 3 Tbs minced fresh Cilantro
- 1 small bunch of spring onions or 2-3 green onion tops, minced
- 1 Thai chili pepper, seeded and minced
- (Optional: minced cilantro for garnish)
- (Optional: crushed roasted peanuts or cashews)
Gently whisk together coconut milk, lime juice, and Handley Seasoning Blend in a small mixing bowl or 1 cup liquid measure until evenly blended.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, shred Dungeness crabmeat and combine with liquid ingredients. Sprinkle with minced green onion, cilantro, and Thai chili and combine.
Cover and return to refrigerator for a minimum of ½ hour in order for flavors to meld. For deepest and best flavors, allow the salad to sit in refrigerator overnight.
Serve in lettuce cups, for a gluten-free version, or on crostini as an appetizer. Top with chopped fresh cilantro if desired, or sprinkle with crushed salt roasted peanuts or cashews.